Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains is excited to announce that nominations are open for the 2024 Woman of Distinction awards. Honorees will be recognized at the annual Women of Distinction Luncheon on Friday, April 26, 2024, at Hurst Conference Center.
The Women of Distinction program is composed of five awards:
- Woman of Distinction Award: This purpose-drive woman is a champion for female ambition and connects with others to create impactful solutions. She is an inspirational role model who shows young girls how to create positive change in our world, demonstrating exceptional leadership and service to our community.
- Lifetime Achievement Award*: This lifelong Girl Scout has dedicated her life to serving in the interest and support of female leadership. She champions for the advancements of the quality-of-life for girls and women.
- Man Enough to Be a Girl Scout Award: He is a champion for the girls and women in our community. He serves our community, displays exceptional leadership, and helps advance the quality-of-life for girls and women.
- Rising Star*: Girl Scouts know there's no 'right age' to begin making a difference. This young Woman of Distinction, between 14-18 years of age, has volunteered, supported, or been a member of the Girl Scouts for a minimum of two years. She has demonstrated leadership, initiative, and dedication, and has made significant contributions in her community.
- Outstanding Community Partner: This award recognizes organizations, corporations, or foundations of all sizes for their philanthropic and/or exceptional involvement with Girl Scouts. this partner makes an impressionable difference to enhance education, transform communities, and is dedicated to empowering young leaders.
*Rising Star and Lifetime Achievement nominees must be or have been a Girl Scout to be eligible. All nominees should be leaders in the Fort Worth area who have made outstanding achievements in their communities and make positive role models for girls.
Visit gs-strong.org/nominatewod to nominate an extraordinary woman, organization, or man to be considered for the 2024 Women of Distinction awards. For more event information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations will be accepted through January 17, 2024.