Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains (GSTOP) strongly encourages troops and service units to work together to ensure the continued safety and well-being of Girl Scouts, volunteers, and families.
Recognizing that our council spans many jurisdictions with varying COVID-related restrictions, GSTOP troops and service units may choose to hold in-person activites provided all participants, volunteers, and parents/caregivers of all girl participants receive and agree to follow the guidelines below.
As mandates regarding COVID-19 precautions are lifted across the counties and states, at Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains, we will continue to follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Girl Scouts of the USA.
COVID-19 Guidelines for
In-Person Troop and Service Unit Activities
Activities are defined as any time that the troop or service unit gathers together, including but not limited to meetings, camping, and events.
- Carefully consider and weigh all risks, including the make-up and size of your troop or group, possible attendees, their families, and their current comfort level with in-person activities.
- Assess symptoms. If a girl, parent/caregiver, or volunteer is showing any new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19, or has been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19, they are not permitted to attend in-person meetings.
- If a person has been diagnosed with COVID-19, that individual may not participate in any in-person Girl Scout event until the individual has had at least 24 hours without a fever, improvement of symptoms, and at least five (5) days have passed since the positive test confirmation of COVID-19.
- Complete the screening checklist upon arrival—a designated volunteer should log responses before every meeting and keep them confidentially with health forms and permission slips.
- Operate under reduced group size, including girls, parents/caregivers, and volunteers, allowing for proper social distancing in the location of the meeting or activity. In-person activities should be agreed upon with volunteers and parents/caregivers, in advance, to ensure all are comfortable with the plan.
- Whenever possible, hold meetings and activities in outdoor spaces where social distancing can be maintained.
- Travel to troop activities is recommended to include only members of your household in the vehicle. Parents and volunteers within the troop may agree, if comfortable, to combine household travel to troop activities.
- All decisions regarding group size, travel, and in-person meetings and activities need to be agreed upon, in advance, with volunteers and parents/caregivers of girls.
- Wearing of face coverings or masks is based upon the
requirements of the location site.
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entering and leaving the meeting site.
- Maintain physical distancing of six feet between members of different households.
- Follow the no touch rule. No friendship squeeze, high-fives, handshakes, or any other physical contact.
- Follow hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Sanitize all surfaces, tools, and equipment before and after usage, following appropriate cleaning and disinfection guidelines.
- Serve only prepackaged food and drinks; gloves must be worn when serving food.
- Follow all specific rules or guidelines of the in-person meeting location or host site.
Troop or service unit leaders should contact the GSTOP COVID-19 incident response lead, Nekisha Henry, at firstname.lastname@example.org to report a positive case. The affected troop or service unit will immediately discontinue in-person meetings and activites to prevent additional spread. Council will notify parents and others of a positive test result and the tester’s identity will remain confidential.
These guidelines will be adjusted and updated as additional recommendations and protocols are released.
- Masks are no longer required at all GSTOP property locations, including GSTOP-owned camp sites.
- Our retail shops are now open. Check hours and locations.
- Troop and service unit camping opportunities are available this at Camp Kiwanis, Camp Rio Blanco, and Stevens Ranch.
- GSTOP will continue to monitor CDC guidelines and program partner availability.
- These guidelines are subject to change at any time.
You may continue to contact our customer care team during regular business hours at email@example.com or 800.582.7272.