Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains (GS-TOP) strongly encourages troops and service units to continue to meet virtually to ensure the continued safety and well-being of Girl Scouts, volunteers, and families.
Recognizing that our council spans many jurisdictions with varying COVID-related restrictions, GS-TOP troops and groups may choose to hold in-person meetings beginning August 4, 2020, provided all participants, volunteers, and parents/caregivers of all girl participants receive and agree to follow the guidelines below.
As mandates regarding masks usage and other COVID-19 precautions are lifted across the counties and states, at Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains, we will continue to follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
COVID-19 Guidelines for
In-Person Troop Meetings & Activities
- Carefully consider and weigh all risks, including the make-up and size of your troop or group, possible attendees, their families, and their current comfort level with in-person activities.
- Assess symptoms. If a girl, parent/caregiver, or volunteer is showing any new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19, or has been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19, they are not permitted to attend in-person meetings.
- If a person has been diagnosed with COVID-19, that individual may not participate in any in-person Girl Scout event until the individual has had at least 24 hours without a fever, improvement of symptoms, and at least 10 days have passed since the positive test confirmation of COVID-19.
- Complete the screening checklist upon arrival—a designated volunteer should log responses before every meeting and keep them confidentially with health forms and permission slips.
- Operate under reduced group size, including girls, parents/caregivers, and volunteers, allowing for proper social distancing in the location of the meeting or activity. In-person meetings should be agreed upon with volunteers and parents/caregivers, in advance, to ensure all are comfortable with the plan.
- Whenever possible, hold meetings in outdoor spaces where social distancing can be maintained.
- Travel to troop activities is recommended to include only members of your household in the vehicle. Parents and volunteers within the troop may agree, if comfortable, to combine household travel to troop activities.
- All decisions regarding group size, travel, and in-person meetings need to be agreed upon, in advance, with volunteers and parents/caregivers of girls.
- Wear face coverings or masks, per CDC
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entering and leaving the meeting site.
- Maintain physical distancing of six feet between members of different households.
- Follow the no touch rule. No friendship squeeze, high-fives, handshakes, or any other physical contact.
- Follow hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Sanitize all surfaces, tools, and equipment before and after usage, following appropriate cleaning and disinfection guidelines.
- Serve only prepackaged food and drinks; gloves must be worn when serving food.
- Follow all specific rules or guidelines of the in-person meeting location or host site.
Troop leaders should contact the council COVID-19 incident response lead, Jason Burnette, at email@example.com to report a positive case. The affected troop will immediately discontinue in-person meetings to prevent additional spread. Council will notify parents and others of a positive test result and the tester’s identity will remain confidential.
These guidelines will be adjusted and updated as additional recommendations and protocols are released.
- All GS-TOP offices remain closed until further notice.
- Our retail shops offer in-person shopping by appointment and curbside pickup on a limited, pre-scheduled basis. Learn more.
- Troop Camping weekends are now available at Camp Rio Blanco, Camp Kiwanis, and Stevens Ranch. All other camp properties remain closed.
- GS-TOP is currently in the process of bringing back in-person program events and travel based upon CDC guidelines and program partner availability.
You may continue to contact our customer care team as usual during regular business hours at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.582.7272.