Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains
(GS-TOP) strongly encourages troops and service units to continue to
meet virtually to ensure the continued safety and well-being of Girl
Scouts, volunteers, and families.
Recognizing that our council spans many jurisdictions with varying COVID-related restrictions, GS-TOP troops and groups may choose to hold in-person meetings beginning August 4, 2020, provided all participants, volunteers, and parents/caregivers of all girl participants receive and agree to follow the guidelines below.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Returning to
In-Person Troop Meetings
- Carefully consider and weigh all risks, including the make-up and size of your troop or group, possible attendees, their families, and their current comfort level with in-person activities.
- Assess symptoms. If a girl, parent/caregiver, or volunteer is showing any new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19, or has been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19, they are not permitted to attend in-person meetings.
- Complete the screening checklist upon arrival—a designated volunteer should log responses before every meeting and keep them confidentially with health forms and permission slips.
- Operate under reduced group size of no more than 10 people, including girls, parents/caregivers, and volunteers.
- Whenever possible, hold meetings in outdoor spaces where social distancing can be maintained.
- Travel to meetings with only members of your household in the vehicle.
- Wear face coverings or masks, per CDC recommendations and State of Texas/State of
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entering and leaving the meeting site.
- Maintain physical distancing of six feet between members of different households.
- Follow the no touch rule. No friendship squeeze, high-fives, handshakes, or any other physical contact.
- Follow hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Sanitize all surfaces, tools, and equipment before and after usage, following appropriate cleaning and disinfection guidelines.
- Serve only prepackaged food and drinks; gloves must be worn when serving food.
- Follow all specific rules or guidelines of the in-person meeting location or host site.
Troop leaders should contact the council COVID-19 incident response lead, Jason Burnette, at firstname.lastname@example.org to report a positive case. The affected troop will immediately discontinue in-person meetings to prevent additional spread. Council will notify parents and others of a positive test result and the tester’s identity will remain confidential.
These guidelines will be adjusted and updated as additional recommendations and protocols are released.
- All GS-TOP offices, retail shops*, and camp properties remain closed until further notice.
- All council-sponsored girl and volunteer in-person program events and travel are postponed until further notice.
**Our retail shops are now offering in-person shopping by appointment and curbside pickup on a limited, pre-scheduled basis. Learn more.
You may continue to contact our customer care team as usual during regular business hours at email@example.com or 800.582.7272.