There is nothing we take more seriously than the safety and well-being of our girls, volunteers, and council staff.
The World Health Organization has declared Covid-19 a global pandemic, and it has become apparent that there is community transmission in the states of Texas and Oklahoma. As Girl Scouts, we have an obligation to our community to do all that we can to limit the spread of Covid-19, even if we as individuals are not at risk of serious illness. In response to these changing circumstances, we are taking the following steps:
- All council offices are closed March 18 through March, 29, 2020, and council staff are working from home, except for staff needed to perform essential council functions. These staff will be scheduled on a staggered basis to limit potential contact.
- All camps are closed through March 29, 2020. We will issue refunds to all individuals and groups scheduled to attend programs and events through this date.
- All council-sponsored girl and volunteer programs, trainings, and events are cancelled through March 29, 2020. We will issue refunds to all individuals and groups scheduled to attend programs, trainings and events through this date.
- Summer camp and summer programming, including High Adventure Trips, registration open dates will be rescheduled at a later time.
- We strongly recommend cancelling all troop meetings, service unit events, and other volunteer-led programs through March 29, 2020.
- No trips will be approved through March 29, 2020.
- Council shops are closed through March 29, 2020. Please shop online for any merchandise you need.
Our Customer Care Hotline is open! You may still contact us with questions or concerns during regular business hours at email@example.com or 800.582.7272.
As the situation changes, whether cancellations are extended or activities are rescheduled, we will communicate updates via email, social media, and our website. Visit gs-top.org for the most up to date information.
Thank you for doing your part to limit community transmission of Covid-19 in our council service area. We will emerge stronger because of our collective action.
View Working Together to Keep Our Community Healthy - GS-TOP Covid-19 Response from March 10, 2020.