Fort Worth, TX—Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains is excited
to announce that nominations are open for the 2020 Women of
Distinction awards. Honorees will be celebrated at the Women of
Distinction luncheon on Wednesday, May 13, 2020, at the Hurst
Conference Center in Hurst.
During the luncheon, Girl Scouts will honor five leaders who have
made outstanding achievements in their professions and their
communities and whose contributions make them positive role models for
The annual Girl Scouts Women of Distinction awards event brings together and recognizes a group of purpose-driven, women leaders in business, government, and philanthropy; who, like our girls, are dedicated to service and leadership, as well as one man who shows exemplary leadership and commitment to our community.
The Women of Distinction program is composed of five awards:
- Discover Award: The recipient of this award demonstrates exceptional understanding of herself and her values and uses this knowledge in every way possible to help girls and women explore and discover themselves and their world.
- Connect Award: The recipient of this award demonstrates exceptional leadership in connecting with others to create solutions in our community and beyond to make the world a better place.
- Take Action Award: The recipient of this award serves our communities and advances the quality of life and opportunities so vital to the development of and support of female leadership.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: The recipient of this award is a lifelong Girl Scout who has dedicated her life to serving in the interest and support of female leadership.
- Man Enough to Be a Girl Scout Award: The recipient of this award is a male business leader who supports the development of girls through Girl Scouting.
To be eligible, nominees must reside in the Fort Worth area and have
made significant contributions in leadership and service to the
community. Nominees do not need to be previous Girl Scouts.
to nominate an extraordinary leader to be considered for the Women of
Distinction awards. Nominations will be accepted through February 15,
Reserve tickets for the awards event today. Individual tickets are $150.
To learn more about the Women of Distinction awards or how to sponsor the event, contact Wendy Lee at 817.735.5315..