Training and Resources
As a member of the Troop Leadership Team, you have command access to adult learning courses to help you deliver a safe, fun, and successful Girl Scout experience. GSTOP works with our volunteers to make sure they have all of the resources they need.
Step 1: Get Signed Up
Complete registration, Volunteer Application and Background Check. Then complete the GSUSA welcome video/knowledge check you receive via email.
Step 2: Required Training
After you have signed up, you will receive an email with the link to connect you to our adult learning portal.
New Leader Learning Path: The learning path consists of information, digital resources, and electronic resources to help troop leaders be successful in their volunteer role. New Leader Learning Path is offered via Zoom only. Check the events calendar for scheduled dates and time to register for an upcoming class.
First Aid/CPR is required for at least one member of the troop leadership team. (A troop parent who is a nurse/EMT may serve in this role.)
gsLearn is a digital training platform that empowers learners to complete training when and where works best for them. Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains and GSUSA courses are available online covering a variety of topics.
How to access gsLearn:
In most cases, every registered adult memberw ith a completed membership registration for the current membership year will have access to gsLearn. If you do not have access after following these steps, please reach out to customer care.
- From the GSTOP homepage, click the MY GS at the top right hand of the page.
- Login to MY GS using the same username and password used to register or renew your Girl Scout membership.
- If you are not already there, click the "My Account" gold button at the top of the screen.
- Select "gsLearn" along the lefthand navigation bar.
- After agreeing to the terms and conditions in the pop-up window, you will have access to gsLearn.