In order to keep our girls, volunteers, and customers safe this cookie season, we have created this booth safety checklist with support from our booth locations partners.
Required items are listed in bold. Some items, while not required at all booths, are recommended where possible.
- Follow all current COVID-19 guidelines of Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains, your state (Texas, Oklahoma), and your specific county.
- Mask covering the individual's nose and mouth must be worn at all times.
- A minimum number of two Girl Scouts (one must be an adult) and a maximum number of five Girl Scouts may work a booth at any given time. Numbers include both youth and adults.
- No open food or drink may be at any booth. Cookie sampling is not allowed.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes must be visible at the booth and used frequently.
- Encourage use of credit card processing to limit contact.
- If providing pens for check writing, wipe pen with sanitizing wipes after each use.
- Wear latex or nitrite gloves when at the booth. (Required for all Walmart booths.)
- Use of six-foot table for booth display. (Required for all Walmart booths.)
- Booth should be set up at least 15 feet from entrance/exit of store. (Required for all Walmart booths.)
- Do not set up any booth inside a business without proper authorization from manager on duty.
- Utlize clear bins to transfer cookies to customer when possible.
- All Girl Scouts and volunteers must comply with all request from booth location management - for example, moving cookie booth locations or discontinuing sales. At no point should a Girl Scout of volunteer attempt to challenge the direction given by the location manager or designee. If issues arise, immediately contact your troop leader.
Failure to abide by these safety checkpoints could result in the loss of cookie booth space for your troop.
For questions regarding cookie booths or to report an issue with a cookie booth, email Customer Care.