Summer Extreme Program
Throughout the summer, GS-TOP partners with many businesses and organizations in the greater Fort Worth and Lubbock areas to offer program opportunities for individual girls. Summer Extreme is designed to provide continuous Girl Scout program for girls whose troops take a break during the summer or girls who want a beyond-the-troop experience. Summer Extreme provides a variety of activities in each grade level - like babysitting classes, ceramics, self-defense, dog training, hip-hop dance classes, aerospace engineering days, drawing lessons, yoga and more! Prices are determined by the businesses and organizations who provide the expertise, the staff and many times the location. Register online today!
Summer Extreme also includes activities for girls and their family members. For those activities, each girl registration must be submitted with at least one adult registration.
Tag-alongs are siblings or other children who are NOT registered in the activity and we ask that you not bring them to the activity. Siblings are welcome to attend the family Summer Extreme activities. You don't have to be a Girl Scout to register for Summer Extreme, an additional $12 membership fee can be applied. It's a great way to show your firends all the fun that Girl Scouts have!
Summer Extreme activities are partial or whole day events most often in an indoor setting. Girls do not spend the night.
Girl Scout volunteers and parents are needed for each opportunity to help check in girls, pass out patches and assist the program facilitators if needed. Volunteering for Summer Extreme is easy. Choose the option to regsiter as a summer volunteer when registering for a Summer Extreme session online. Or submit a Summer Volunteer Application and successfully complete a Criminal Background Check.
The staff contact person for Summer Extreme in the Fort Worth Area is Angel Moore, 817-735-5314
The staff contact person for Summer Extreme in the Lubbock area is Kristen Bryant, 806-589-5951
Paying for Summer Extreme
- Pay with check (may submit one check for all Summer Extreme activities)
- Pay with credit card. VISA; Master Card; Discover and American Express are accepted
- Not currently registered Girl Scout members may attend any Summer Extreme activity for $12 plus the activity fee
- Girls who are registered Girl Scouts in another council may also attend for $5 plus the activity fee
- Registrations cannot be accepted by phone or email.
- Cookie Bucks are accepted for Summer Extreme *However, if registering online Cookie Bucks CANNOT be processed through our online system. If paying by cookie bucks, please mail, fax or bring your registration forms into the Fort Worth regional office.
Non-camp Cookie Bucks Conversion chart
|Packages Sold||Cookie Bucks|
*Registration for all summer activities closes seven days prior to activity start date. No on-site registrations!
If not registering online, all registration forms and volunteer applications must be mailed or delivered to Fort Worth or Lubbock area offices:
GS-TOP Fort Worth Area
4901 Briarhaven Rd., Fort Worth 76109
Office: 817-737-7272 or 800-582-7272
GS-TOP Lubbcok Area
2567 74th Street, Lubbock 79423
Office: 806-745-2855 or 800-530-4957
Volunteer Forms (for adults)
We believe that all girls should have the opportunity to benefit from the Girl Scout program experience. To help make that possible for families, GS-TOP has a limited amount of financial assistance available. To qualify for assistance:
- An applicant for financial assistance must be a registered Girl Scout in Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains.
- Applications will be processed on a first come, first-served basis. All requests for financial assistance will receive a response.
- Only one application for financial assistance can be awarded each year, per girl.
Financial Assistance Application Interactive Form - Submit via email. Please note your session request with this document.