Purse with Purpose
The family philanthropy program raises funds to pay for the cost of programming so that every girl, whether or not she has the financial means, can participate in Girl Scouts.
Purse with Purpose is our Family Philanthropy program. It raises funds to pay for the cost of programming so that every girl, whether or not she has the financial means, can be a Girl Scout.
Through individual, family and troop giving, funds are used to directly assist girls with membership, program fees, uniforms and books. Investing in Girl Scouting helps prepare today’s girls to become tomorrow’s leaders.
Share the gift of Girl Scouting
You know first-hand the value of Girl Scouts and the leadership program that helps your daughter become her best possible self, but did you know?
• The average cost for every girl to participate in the Girl Scouts Leadership Experience is $279.
• Often times, the programs and camping fees that you pay do not cover the actual cost of providing that service.
• For a $10 gift, what you might spend at Starbucks, you could provide a Daisy Girl Scout with her sash or Journeys book.
• With the $45 that you might spend on a new purse, you could provide a Cadette the required uniform and educational materials she needs.
• A $100 donation, the amount most women spend on a new outfit, could provide a Brownie her uniform and a year’s worth of program opportunities.
Invest in Girls, Change the World
Add this year's tag to your Purse With Purpose patch!
- 100% of your donation will go to support girls of the Texas Oklahoma Plains Council.
- Girls will receive a Purse with Purpose participation patch each year for supporting this campaign – no matter the size of the gift.
Thank you in advance for your support of Girl Scouts.