Calling All Cadettes! Become a Program Aide
Program Aides are Girl Scouts Cadettes (6th -8th grade) who want to share their skills with others, and help promote the Girl Scout program. Program Aides are trained Girl Scouts who are at least two years older than the group they are serving. Once Program Aides are trained, they will be able to work with other troops by sharing their special talents and help with any service unit event or council program.
Here is how it works!
1. Each girl must first earn a Leader in Action (LiA) award. The requirements can be found in the adult guide of any Brownie Journey.
2. Upon completing the requirements of the LiA through a Brownie troop, a Cadette must then register to take the council Program Aide training.
3. Program Aide Training will be offered in a one day training setting or a three day camp setting. Please visit the Event Calendar for training dates.
4. The girl(s) will then have to complete hours of Program Aide experience. This is any experience in which they work with children. (Examples: any Girl Scout activity/event, troop meetings, Day/Twilight camps, ect)
5. Upon completion of the hours of Program Aide experience, the Program Aide will be eligible to earn the Program Aide Pin. Hour log must be present to purchase pin.
A Program Aide must be a registered Girl Scout.
A Program Aide must be a Cadette Girl Scout.
A Program Aide must complete a LiA and Council training.
Qualities of a Program Aide:
Able to Solve problems
Enjoys working with adults, younger girls and having fun!
How can this benefit a girl in the future?
- Looks great on future resumes or job applications
- Great opportunity for skills to grow and strengthen
- Great experience in a leadership role
- Proof that she is willing to go above and beyond
For more information contact the Program Specialist in your region:
Abilene: Robyn Jorgensen at 325-480-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Amarillo: Vivian Cockrell at 806-553-3174 or email@example.com
Fort Worth: Megan Ibarra at 817-735-5326 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lubbock: Summer Littlejohn at 806-589-5946 or email@example.com
Wichita Falls: Barbara Reynolds at 940-228-4836 or firstname.lastname@example.org