New Parent Checklist
Thank you for giving the gift of Girl Scouting to your daughter.
Girl Scouting will be an incredible journey for her and your family. Below is a helpful checklist for parents and girls who are new to Girl Scouting.
- Register yourself with your daughter.
- Volunteer! Serve on the Troop Committee for your daughter’s troop
- If unable to stay to help at the meetings, please see that your daughter arrives and is picked up on time for all meetings and outings.
- Be supportive of your daughter and see that she attends troop meetings regularly and has the Girl Scout books and other materials she may need for troop activities.
- Help her complete any missed activities.
- Encourage your daughter to be on her best behavior at all troop activities and notify the troop leader when she is unable to attend.
- Attend parents’ meetings, special ceremonies, family activities and encourage your daughter to talk to you about what she is doing and learning.
- Set a good example for your daughter by helping the new troop leaders establish and maintain a positive environment. If an issue arises, please discuss this privately with the troop leader and not in front of the girls.
- Encourage your daughter’s participation in the Fall Product and Cookie Sales so her troop can use the proceeds to learn, grow, and have fun!
- Consider volunteering to help with troop’s Fall Product Sale or the Cookie Sale Program
- Consider making a tax-deductible contribution to support programs for the girls.
- Be a sister to every Girl Scout.
- Show respect for others and listen to what they have to say.
- Participate in troop meetings and outings.
- Check with your troop leader if you miss a meeting so you can complete any missed activities.
- Make sure your parents receive important information from your troop leader.
- Always conduct yourself in a safe manner, respecting the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Have FUN!