Calling All Early Birds!
Early Bird re-registration starts April 15th and ends June 15th!
It’s that time of the year to re-register your troop for the 2014 membership year through our Early Bird re-registration campaign! The dates for Early Bird this year are April 15 through June 15, 2013. Fall is hectic enough! Get a jump on 2014 by registering your returning girls and adults this spring. Early Bird patch bracelets will be offered to all Girl Scout Troops that re-register before June 15th! This year we’ve increased our renewal incentive program to include the parents! For each troop that re-registers with a minimum of five girls from more than one family and at least two (2) unrelated adults by June 15, 2013, the members in your troop will receive the following incentives: Troop - $5.00 coupon redeemable at a GS-TOP retail shop; Girls – Early Bird patch bracelet; and Parent – Girl Scout window cling!
- What’s new this year? We want you and your parents to go to http://register.gs-top.org and register your girls and yourselves online.
- Keep the momentum of your troop going - your 2013 membership ends September 30, 2013.
- Provide a smooth transition to the next membership year.
- Encourage your girls to continue their Girl Scout experience.
It's easy to renew:
- Log in or set up an account to renew your membership online
- If you need additional assistance with online renewals or registrations, please contact the helpdesk (toll-free) at 855-266-0759 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper registration forms are available on the left side of www.gs-top.org - Paper forms: girl adult
Each Early Bird troop* that re-registers April 15 through June 15 will receive:
- Troop – $5.00 coupon redeemable at a council retail shop
- Girls – Early Bird patch bracelet
- Parent – Girl Scout window cling
- Your parents/guardians can register their girls as members 24/7 from the comfort of their own home.
- Improved and accurate data collection right from your parents/guardians.
- You and the council will have direct email contact with families.
- No more backlog! When you want to find out if a girl in your troop is registered, or you want to print a troop roster, you’ll be able to pull that information at your fingertips!
- And, no more paperwork for you!!!
Of course, if you have members in your troop who don’t have access to a computer or internet, or just plain prefer paper membership forms, or want to pay by cash or check, we’re here to help by providing those forms.
Every dollar of the membership dues is sent to GSUSA, and based on recent studies, they have heard how members want this increase to be used – it will help support tools for GSLE delivery, as well as technology that makes joining Girl Scouts fast and easy. Dues also help pay for accident insurance (covering members participating in approved Girl Scout activities), program development, research, resources, training and services to councils.
Remember that troop bank accounts (including proceeds from the Girl Scout Cookie Program) can be used to help pay membership dues for the upcoming year. Tell your girls this is a great way to use troop funds and can help ensure all of their friends get to stay in Girl Scouting next year!
Financial assistance will still be available to families who may need to cover the cost of membership dues. Contact your Service Unit Registrar or your area office for more information. Our council is committed to providing a positive experience to every girl who wants to be a Girl Scout.
1. You get the 2014 re-registering out of the way and can start the year right away
2. On-Time is open to all new and re-registering girls
3. On-Time does not give a girl their patch, patches are purchased by the troop leader or parent
4. Only Early Bird offers a parent and a shop incentive!
5. Your 2013 membership ends September 30, 2013