Day/Twilight Camp Program
Throughout June and July, Girl Scout volunteers host a variety of day or twilight camps with unique themes and activities. Girls may learn about sustaining the environment, campfire cooking skills, learning new games or sports, outdoor survival skills, tie-dye art or earning some of the newest badges. Day/Twilight camps for 2013 will focus S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering, math). Girls will get the chance to experience the outdoors with a scientific adventure.
Perfect for those younger girls that might not be quite ready to stay the night away from home, Day/Twilight camp is a wonderful outdoor experience, rooted in Girl Scout traditions. Day and Twilight camps offer a unique experience aside from the usual troop activities. Although some camps may have access to a building for part of the camp day, the majority of the time is spent outdoors.
Girls don't have to be a Girl Scout to attend Day/Twilight camps - ALL girls are welcome. (An additinal $12 membership fee will be added to registration.) Bring a friend to show her all the fun that Girl Scouts have!
Day/Twilight camps are usually four hours a day for 4 – 5 days. Girls will have the camp experience but go home each night.
Adults can join in the fun by volunteering to help and your help is very much needed to make it happen for the girls. The Girl Scout daughters of Day/Twilight camp volunteers attend for free! Camps are staffed entirely by volunteers. The number of volunteers determine the number of girls who can attend the camp.
All you have to do to volunteer is to submit the Summer Volunteer Application, complete a successful Criminal Background Check and Play It Safe training. iinformation on training will be sent once approved as a volunteer for camp.
*Registration for all summer activities closes seven days prior to activity start date. No on-site registrations!
Paying for Day/Twilight Camp
- Pay with check - if unable to complete online registration.
- Pay with credit card: VISA, Master Card, Discover, and American Express are accepted
- Cookie Bucks are accepted for Day/Twilight camp.
Cookie Bucks: 500 packages = one full Day/Twilight Camp session (week)
- If sisters are both registered in Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains and both participated in the 2013 Cookie Sale, a one-time transfer of any number of cookie packages from one sister to another can be made.
- Girls not currently registered as GS-TOP members may attend any Day/Twilight camp for $12 plus the camp fee *(This one time membership fee is good for ALL Girl Scout activities through September 30th.
- Girls who are registered Girl Scouts in another council may also attend for $10 plus the camp fee
- Girls who have an adult volunteer for the camp week are FREE
- Trained Program Aides who attend camp are FREE
Day/Twilight Camp Program Aide Opportunities
An excellent Girl Scout Leadership Experience for older girls is the Program Aide program. Program Aides are trained girls who make a commitment to teach skills to younger Girl Scouts while they hone their leadership skills.
Girls who apply to be a Day/Twilight Camp Program Aide must have completed the council Program Aide training prior to the beginning of camp.
Because Program Aides will be working with younger girls to earn service hours/sessions much of the day, no fee is charged for the girls to participate in Day/Twilight camps.
Volunteer Forms (for adults and Program Aides)
We believe that all girls should have the opportunity to benefit from the Girl Scout program experience. To help make that possible for families, GS-TOP has a limited amount of financial assistance available. To qualify for assistance:
- An applicant for financial assistance must be a registered Girl Scout in Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains.
- Applications will be processed on a first come, first-served basis. All requests for financial assistance will receive a response.
- Only one application for financial assistance can be awarded each year, per girl.
Financial Assistance Application Interactive Form - Submit via email. Please note your session request with this document.
GS-TOP camps are licensed by the State of Texas to meet the highest standards of safety set by Girl Scouts of the USA and the Texas Youth Camp Safety Act.